Monday, March 4, 2013

The Botanical Gardens

This field trip was one of my favorites and I’m sure I’m not the only one. We spent the whole day sitting in the beautiful gardens and writing. I know it may not sound very provoking but it gave us a chance to relax and “Take the day off.” They gave us a packet to work on while we were there but I think the gardens were the best place to work and keep your mind focused. It is very peaceful without the normal chatter and bell ringing that you hear everyday at school. This field trip taught us many things like how to make detailed observations and we even got to test our artist skills and also look at those of others intertwined in the beautiful sculpture art. We ended the day with a leisurely stroll through Oak Knoll Park. It was a very calm and relaxing day.
By Sara










The Botanical Gardens field trip was one of my favorite field trips ever. It gave me an opportunity to write poetry in total peace, look at nature, and draw. Those are actually three of my favorite things to do, and I think a lot of my peers would agree. The Botanical Gardens field trip also helped me prepare for my long fifth grade year by giving me some peaceful time to think about the leadership ahead of me. Also, during this field trip we not only got to walk through the Botanical gardens, but we got to take a little trip to Oak Knoll Park, too! I hope we get to take a field trip like this again!
By Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment